Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oscar and Arabelle


Year: 2002

Publisher: Hodder Children’s Books, London

Age:  4 and above

No. of Pages: 32

ISBN:  978 0 34097 002 7

I must admit I've never read a book before of a woolly mammoth. Sure, I've seen Ice Age, but a woolly mammoth book for little ones – this is a first for me. :-)

And it’s a very good one too! The kids and I smiled a lot while reading this book.

Meet Oscar and Arabella, fun-loving and adventurous woolly mammoths who spend their days painting pictures and outwitting a dangerous, two-legged ‘wild and dangerous animal’.  Hint! Hint! :-)

This book makes for witty reading. Even if the younger ones don’t get the humor with their first reading, they’ll enjoy it the second time around.

Excerpt

They liked making friends, but not with wild and dangerous animals.

They liked to keep fit especially when their lives depended on it.

They liked sliding on the ice, as long as they didn't fall over.


No comments:

Post a Comment