Saturday, September 1, 2012

Watch me grow - Duckling

children's books, nature, environment, educational, learning, fun readingAuthor: Lisa Magloff

Designed by Sonia Whillock

Year: 2003

Publisher: Darling Kindersley, London

Age: 5 and above

No. of Pages: 24

ISBN: 978-1-40531-160-0

Ducks are loved universally and I'm pretty sure Disney played a part in it too. :-)

This nature book on ducklings traces the journey of a duck from an egg to when it is eight weeks old. By this time, their wings are fully grown and they are finally ready for flight.

Several close-up photographs and fun-fact boxes make this book a delightful and educational read.

Other books in this series include:
Excerpt

After three days I make my way to the water, where I start to paddle.

My feathers are waterproof, and they keep me warm and dry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment